Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Training of Multipliers, Vienna
Everyone is welcome to join our one-day SDG Training of Multipliers on how to accelerate the implementation of the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the local and regional scale in ways that are carefully adapted to the bio-cultural uniqueness of your community.
This SDG training is an opportunity to become an active participant in your community’s future, whether you work in the private or public sector or for a civil society organisation, as a community organiser, teacher, social entrepreneur, concerned parent, pensioner, recent school leaver or university graduate. You can take part simply to engage with others in your community to explore the best opportunities to make a positive difference in collaboration with others. Alternatively, you can take part with the intention to become a multiplier of such conversations by learning how to use the SDGs Flashcards and the detailed workshop script to facilitate such conversations and initiate such projects around your community.
The training is based on a set of ‘SDGs Flashcards’, containing more than 200 questions structured into the four dimensions of Gaia Education’s whole systems approach to sustainability (social, ecological, economic and worldview).
Participants will explore these four dimensions of each of the 17 SDGs in question-focused small group conversations aimed at collaboratively identifying actions and strategies that will support the implementation of the Global Goals. Your contributions will help to create local community ownership of the SDGs and ensure that implementation is done in ways that are sensitive to your local culture and ecosystems.
During the day-long course participants will be able to:
• acquire a multi-dimensional perspective on all 17 SDGs and their 169 targets;
• prioritise a number of goals that are particularly important for their community; participate in a series of small group conversations to identify policies, projects and resources that could support SDGs implementation;
• explain the wider context of the UN sustainable development process and its history leading up to the creation of the SDGs;
• work with like-minded people in your community who are also willing to collaborate on local SDGs implementation projects;
• sketch out strategies of how to mobilise local stakeholders around feasible projects;
• practice to become an active multiplier of conversations that matter to your community.
If you want to take part in or facilitate such conversations where you live or work, this course is for you.
Time & Location
The day-long training will take place between 9:30 - 17:00 (9:30 check-in and 10am start) on 15 June 2020, at Kulturzentrum im Amerlinghaus, Stiftgasse 8, 1070 Wien.
This is a workshop about how humanity’s Global Goals to identify local priorities and paths towards implementation.
Find more information here:
You can easily register for the one-day SDG workshop at: